.

3/09/2012 08:34:00 AM
10
  You having a wim file which is given to you for factory resetting your laptop  by the company like dell,lenovo.etc but how to you don't know. Don't worry,Here is how to

Lets Start: If any help YOU needs just reply here

First make a recovery disk,or you can use windows7 disc/usb ,because we will need the command prompt for doing it.
or if you didn't have then you can do this by
 after switching on your PC/laptop when the windows loading boot screen comes,just switch off  your PC/laptop at same time


 then follow the screenshot given

 
few seconds later start up repair will start

just cancel it
then System Recovery Option will be displayed

now go to System image Recovery => select a system image => next 

click advanced => install a driver =>click OK =>go to computer
then note the drive where your dsimagex.exe file  is,in my case its in D drive. after that click cancel
 and head to system recovery option. download it and place it any drive(not in any folder,for simplicity) you can also place it where your wim file is stored.



extract it to any drive,not within any folder(for simplicity)

Now go to command prompt from System Recovery Option,then type commands
 A: (A any drive name where You have placed) in my case it was in D drive
  write then hit enter button
d:
dsimagex.exe

 after hitting enter a imagex window will open,
now go to => apply menu => source => browse the wim file

now => destination(most case C dive) => choose c drive or where
your  operating system is located.

after that click apply. :) & wait for completion

and that's you have done now let it to complete,after completion
close everything &
just exit and click restart your PC/laptop.

congrats :) your PC/laptop restored to factory settings.

regards
Admin

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the MAN. I had an issue with my recovery partition and this worked perfectly to help me restore my machine. The only issue I ran into was having to get the 64 bit version of imagex, but once I figured that out, I was all set. THANK YOU!!!

A.Kr SIngh said...

You welcome Bro

fozia said...

I get the following error when running the G:\dsimagex.exe command at the command prompt "The subsystem needed to support the image type is not present"

:-(

A.Kr SIngh said...

hi! Fozia don't worry, heres how to remove it ;)
before running G:\dsimagex.exe cmd did you checked that .exe file was there, just check it by using
dir
command in cmd.
try running
g:
dir
cd /d g:\dsimagex.exe

if the problem still remains then try this

run sfc /scannow
then,when you find it try once again.
the above gimagex.exe

Devavret said...

I just installed windows 8 on my machine and now need to revert to win 7 that came with it. the question here is: can i use the above method i.e. just apply the wim image kept in the recovery partition. Won't there be problems regarding difference in bootloaders for the two OS.

or should i first clean install windows 7 (some trial version) and THEN apply my factory image.

A.Kr SIngh said...

I don't think that will create a problem,but you can try using the same on windows 8 then check it worked or not,

(before backup your files,& nothing goes on trying,& will give you an experience.)

if worked then ok,
else try installing windows 7 trial,as you said then use the factory wim file to restore.

let me know if it worked on win8,will update this post via your name.

carlos1984 said...

I tried this but dsimagex.exe did not work, I used gimagex.exe also in the source you chose sdricebackup.wim ,whydidnt you use the cdrivebackup.wim, is there a reason for this? Beacuase cdrivebackup.wim is the wim that hold all of the win7 system files.

A.Kr SIngh said...

its because I was in need of sdrivebacup.wim to restore my factory backup,it can be any name :) sdrive,cdrive or any drive.wim

nando_td said...

help me, I own TP X300 I just delete my Q drive, can I re-create it, or can I use other TP recovery like T410 to TP X300
ty

Mahesh Pawar said...

You are a beauty man!! i had to put 2 days for this recovery issue.

and you simply resolved it. Thanks a lot sir!!!

Popular Posts

.